Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. Is it Windows Explorer or Internet Explorer?Is there any error or message?What's the model of your new computer?Since it's new, would you like to reset it fresh as maybe the system was not configured correctly in the beginning?Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
It looks like you are not there. Let me provide some solutions you can try whenever you are available.
- Please try this first: click Start->All programs->Accessories->System Tools->System Restore and restore the computer to any date before this issue has occurred, and check.
- If it does not work, and if you'd really like to troubleshoot the issue, then you can try this: Click on Start->All programs->Accessories, then right-click on Command Prompt, then type sfc /scannow then press Enter. Then wait until it's done, then restart the computer, and check.
- If that does not work, you can try the Windows Repair tool at the website below:
Troubleshooting this can take time. But since it's a brand-new computer, I recommend to do the following instead:
- First, please click on Start, then right-click on Computer, then click on Properties, then check if your System type: is 32-bit or 64-bit.
, then download / run the free Explorer++ software at the website below, and use it and check:
- If you don't like it, you can try other free file management programs, such as XYplorerFree
, or Multi Commander http://multicommander.com/
(use free versions only.)
If that does not work, or if you like to refresh the system, so it works as intended, then click on Start, then click on All Programs, then look for Recovery Manager (and/or HP and/or PC Help & Tools, and/or Hewlett-Packard, etc.), then do a System Recovery (not system restore), and make sure to select the option to back up / save your data / files when prompted.
, or shut down the computer, then turn it back on, then right away, keep pressing & releasing the key F11 quickly and repeatedly until a recovery menu appears, then do the System Recovery (not system restore), and make sure to select the option to back up / save your data / files when prompted. (If needed, try key F10 instead.)
When you are available, please reply back at the box below to continue. Thank you,