Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.
30037186

The Intel(R) Technology Access TAP Driver (NDIS 6.30) seem

Customer Question

The Intel(R) Technology Access TAP Driver (NDIS 6.30) seem to be giving me problems on my Acer. It says it has driver or software related problem. The issue is that I then cannot get on the internet. I had done a system restore the other week, seemed to clear it up. Then it seemed like another Intel update came through and messed things up again. I just did another system restore. It appears to be working again. However I am afraid that the next Intel update will take it down again. What do you suggest? Thank you.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Some updates are not compatible with some Windows 8 models (Microsoft has created Windows 10 now.) Can you go to Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Update, then Check for updates, then View available updates, then if you see any Intel update, can you right-click on it and hide it in order to disable it.

Please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not see any Intel Updates. I had just restored to 10/5/2015 and I believe the Intel happened around 10/8
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you still there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately I need to leave for the evening. I guess we will talk later. Signing off...

Sorry, I'm here. Did you click on Check for updates? Yes, we can continue later. Thank you.