Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

Ask seems to have replaced Mozilla as my web browser,

Customer Question

Ask seems to have replaced Mozilla as my web browser, without my consent. Please restore Mozilla. Ask cannot locate several web sites I use.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. I'm an independent computer tech; I can fix this issue for you.
Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10, or mac computer?
Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Windows. Yes on remote control if you can do so now.
Is it windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, or 10?
Please accept the remote support offer, then please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely:
http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=201191ae-60e5-4ae5-a8ff-e79f0b931468
, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted at the bottom.
Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
At every step you add an additional fee. What happened is that I was on mapquest, it asked if wanted updated maps, I clicked yes, and immediately my browser changed from mozilla to ASK. I believe Ask is responsible for your fees.

I'm sorry, as you can see, the direct remote support fee is only $5 extra, but I can waive that for you.
Secondly, I'm not affiliated with ASK or Firefox, etc. I just provide computer support indepedently.
Also, when you browse / searched for things on the Internet, sometimes you accidentally clicked on a bad website link or ad, so you have to be careful. In this case, you allowed Ask to install by accident.
Can I connect remotely to your computer and fix the issue now for you? Please let me know; don't worry, we guarantee our service. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if you waive the fee.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you need more from me now. I have to make some phone calls.
it is waive, do not accept the offer of $5, but please just click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely:
, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted.
Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know.
If you are busy, we can continue later. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can wait the 5 minutes. You should know that ASK offers online help, but when I asked for it what I got was your website. This is why i'm suspicious.
Like other free search engine / information websites, such as Google or Yahoo, etc., they do not provide support for computer issue at all. Please let me know when you are available for remote support. Please reply at the box below. Thank you.