Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.
30037186

I have 1 ASUS 23.6" ASUS monitor with NVIDIA and am trying

Customer Question

I have 1 ASUS 23.6" ASUS monitor with NVIDIA and am trying to split screen it so I can display two things. One on the left side and one on the right side. How do I do this?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Can you please confirm it has Windows 8 (or another windows version, such as Windows 10 or Windows 7 or Windows XP, Vista, etc.)?
Was it working previously? Or is this the first time you are trying to split the screen?
Is there any error or message?
Are you trying to split normal programs, or the default Windows apps?

What exactly have you tried?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is Windows 8. I have not downloaded windows 10 yet. There is no error message. I can get the excel program to move to the left but when I tried to move Firefox to the right it disappeared and I can't find it to get it back. I have not tried any of the Windows apps. This is the first time I've tried to split the screen.

Thank you. There are a few ways to do this:

- If you use programs, you can click & hold, and drag the top bar of a program / window, then drag it to the left or right edge of the computer's screen, then it will go to half screen.

- Or when you are in a program / window, press at the same time the two keys Windows and < (left arrow), then it will go to half screen to the left and if you press at the same time the two keys Windows and > (right arrow), then it will go to half screen on the right.

Try the above steps for each program, i.e., Excel and Firefox.

- If you use Windows apps, then open two apps / windows, then open each app, then move the mouse to to the upper left corner of the computer's screen, then app icons / previews will appear in small windows, then click on it & hold, then drag it to the left or right edge of the screen.

Video instructions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STiRJAqZC9s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9ambv5pgjU

More instructions:

http://goatcloud.com/2012/11/02/split-the-monitor-screen-in-two-in-windows-7/

Please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.