Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Consultant within every computer and networking category. Troubleshoot and maintain various operating systems. Sales Engineering.
63493917

I own a Droid Turbo 32 GB purchased on 12/23/2014. Best Buy

Customer Question

I own a Droid Turbo 32 GB purchased on 12/23/2014. Best Buy Geek Squad advises me that this is still covered under warranty with Motorola. The problem is that it seems to be frozen. I can turn the phone on but it freezes when the droid logo comes up and eventually goes dark. Geek Squad seems to think this is a hardware problem. What should I do now?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I can certainly help you find the next step, and how to get your device repaired or replaced. Ofcourse, as long as it is recognized as still being under warranty.

I will need some information from you about the device. Would you like to proceed?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what information do you need?

I am checking on this...please stand-by

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok

okay, heres what you need to do....I would do this for you....but you have to have the device in your hand when you work with the support staff.

his is kinda where I am done. These next steps come from Motorola.....and I will help you along the way....but this process may take a few days up to a week to get a new device in hand.....if yours is deemed replacable.

Heres the instructions:

How to Obtain Warranty Service or Other Information?
1. Please access and review the online Customer Support section of Motorola Mobility’s consumer website prior to requesting warranty service.

2. If the Product is still not functioning properly after making use of this resource, please contact the Warrantor listed at the Motorola website or the contact information for the corresponding location.

3. A representative of Motorola, or of a Motorola Authorized Repair Center, will help determine whether your Product requires service. You may be required to download, or otherwise obtain and accept software updates from Motorola or a Motorola Authorized Repair Center. You are responsible for any applicable carrier service fees incurred while obtaining the required downloads. Complying with the warranty process, repair instructions and accepting such software updates is required in order to receive additional warranty support.

4. If the software update does not fix the problem, you will receive instructions on how to ship the Product to a Motorola Authorized Repair Center or other entity.

5. To obtain service, as permitted by applicable law, you are required to include: (a) a copy of your receipt, bill of sale or other comparable proof of purchase; (b) a written description of the problem; (c) the name of your service provider, if applicable; (d) your address and telephone number. In the event the Product is not covered by this Warranty, Motorola will inform the consumer of the availability, price and other conditions applicable to the repair of the Product.

Hello, how are things going?

Are you able to work w/Motorola to get the support, and resolve the problem?

Do you have any other questions?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am very upset that my card was charged $47.00 by you fit basically telling me to go to Motorola Support. That was what I was trying to do when I came across you on the web. This is fraud as far as I'm concerned and very bad business. I hope you will consider refunding my money.

I am sorry you feel this way.

You did NOT accept my answer, so you did NOT pay ME...you paid the site justanswer.

You will have to work with them to get a refund.

Additionally, I could have walked you through the process, like hand holding, as Motorola does NOT allow somebody to get support on a customers behalf. I mentioned this to you, and also offered to continue to help.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I spoke to Motorola and have issued a complaint. They are looking into it. Their rep advised me that this happens frequently and action will be taken. I have no idea how to approach just answer. I have been instructed to wait until I hear back from Motorola.

So, I guess I should just move on then, since you are not going to pay for any of my time?

I hope you get what you are looking for.

Good Luck