Cody
Cody, Senior Systems Administrator
Experience:  Systems Administrator
58973002

Can't log into FileZillla - an ftp which just updated. I

Customer Question

Can't log into FileZillla - an ftp which just updated. I believe the problem is the host name Hi I've tried XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX, yahoo.net, my.yahoo.net. I reset my yahoo password ***** XXXXXXXXXX, and tried each password, old and new. nothing worked. Please help
Category: Computer
Expert:  Cody replied 1 year ago.

What is your domain, and where is it registered? Don't include any passwords in here.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cody - You ask what is the domain. That is the problem! I use Yahoo small business. However my main website is www.jimmywinokur.com
I also run another website on the same yahoo small business account called www.womenleadinglife.org. To get the FileZilla to work with these I need to find the Domain name for these. I had them filled into the FilleZilla's auto-memory and have used it for years, but the new edition of FileZilla must have wiped them out.So your question is, how do I find out the domain name?Thanks Jimmy
Expert:  Cody replied 1 year ago.

In filezilla it should be ftp.jimmywinokur.com

Expert:  Cody replied 1 year ago.

You can test your credentials within any browser by going here: ftp.jimmywinokur.com/

Expert:  Cody replied 1 year ago.

If your credentials don't work, we'll need to login to Yahoo. Some sites have separate ftp credentials from their actual website login credentials.

Expert:  Cody replied 1 year ago.

Do you need anymore help with this? If not please rate.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not helpful. Vague, adding nothing to what I already knew. Insufficient for logging in.I ended up spending hours w yahoo small business to solve the problem.
Expert:  Cody replied 1 year ago.

You never replied back to me, so I had no way of providing more input.