Nathan, Systems Manager
Experience:  Own/operate computer networking/IT company.
59725966

I have a COBY DVD - CD player that has ceased to work. Any

Customer Question

I have a COBY DVD - CD player that has ceased to work. Any hope for it?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately this is the result of an internal hardware failure (bad power supply or control board). Sadly, this type of problem is very common with Coby products, which are extremely low quality and have very short service lives. It doesn't take much to damage them, and they frequently fail all on their own. Coby products were such poor quality that they actually went bankrupt about 2 years ago - there is no support for their products in any form, and parts are difficult to come by.

While it may be possible to repair, it would not be feasible to do so. You could spend hundreds in labor costs that just isn't worth the investment when you can buy a brand new player from a more reputable manufacturer for $50-100.

Depending how you’d like to proceed here, I can help with finding parts, finding a repair shop, or recommending replacement options. Just let me know.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,