Barun
Barun, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience in providing support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

I would like to know if Dell has a company named X-CORE to

Customer Question

I would like to know if Dell has a company named X-CORE to fix computer problems?I recieved a call yesterday saying i needed to pay them 499.99 to fix some serious problems with my computer.I pd.this company just about 5 or 6 mos. ago to keep my computer safe supposedly forever.Please what's the deal?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.

Hi, and thank you for asking your question.

If you received any call from a service claiming to be Microsoft/DELL (or likewise) and offering to repair your computer or for any other tech services, please IGNORE them - they are not affiliated with those services in any way.

They trick users into allowing them remote access to their PCs and then install their unwanted programs and other malware, while charging the users for doing so.

Microsoft will never place unsolicited calls to anyone unless their services are specifically requested for. For further info, please check out the following official support article on this scam:

www.microsoft.com/security/online-privacy/avoid-phone-scams.aspx

If you need more help, please use the Reply tab to continue our conversation.

Otherwise, I'd appreciate it if you could kindly take a moment to rate my service by clicking on (and submit) a star rating at the top of this page. Thank you!

Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.

If you need more help, please use the Reply box to continue our conversation.