Barun
Barun, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience in providing support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

MY QUESTION DEALS WITH PHONE CALLS I CONTINUE TO RECEIVE AND

Customer Question

MY QUESTION DEALS WITH PHONE CALLS I CONTINUE TO RECEIVE AND THEY REPRESENT THEMSELVES BY SAYING THAT I AM HAVING A PROBLEM WITH MY COMPUTER AND IT RELATES TO MICROSOFT.
I DO NOT HAVE ANY MICROSOFT COMPUTERS AND I AM WONDERING IF YOU HAVE ANY
WAY OF HELPING STOP THIS HARASSMENT?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.

Hi, and thank you for asking your question.

If you received any call from a service claiming to be Microsoft/Windows (or likewise) and offering to repair your computer or for any other tech services, please IGNORE them - they are not affiliated with Microsoft in any way.

They trick users into allowing them remote access to their PCs and then install their unwanted programs and other malware, while charging the users for doing so.

Microsoft will never place unsolicited calls to anyone unless their services are specifically requested for. For further info on how to REPORT these types of calls, please check out the following official support article:

https://www.microsoft.com/security/online-privacy/avoid-phone-scams.aspx

If you need more help, please use the Reply tab to continue our conversation.

Otherwise, I'd appreciate it if you could kindly take a moment to rate my service by clicking on (and submit) a star rating at the top of this page. Thank you!

Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.

You may also use the FTC Complaint Assistant form to report these scam calls, using the following link:

https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/#crnt&panel1-1

If you need further info on anything else, please reply back to me below. Otherwise, a positive rating would be much appreciated :) Thanks again.