Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I want to know why I've just had a call from "Microsoft"

Customer Question

I want to know why I've just had a call from "Microsoft" telling my that my computer is not protected from hacking. I was shown a LONG list of errors & other stuff and told me I needed to answer NOW. Am I totally protected or not?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

This was not Microsoft, it is a scam company pretending to be Microsoft. The errors they showed were faked, they do this as a trick to get you to give them your credit card details.

If you gave them this, I urge you to contact your credit card company and have any transactions cancelled and to cancel the card and have a new one sent out as they will likely do this.

Microsoft would never ring you like this, so if you ever receive such a phone call, explain you know they are fake, and hang up as you are protected if you have a good anti virus software installed.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you