Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

Joseph is at computer(Dell) I have Windows 7 Premium past 2

Customer Question

Andy, Joseph is at computer(Dell) I have Windows 7 Premium for the past 2 years without any major problems Windows 10 notified me a few months ago that they were ready to download I didn't accept it as I heard it was very hard in Tect and at my age I didn't need any changes. That was (week later) the connections, browser, freezing started happening. I asked Norton to give a good scan and it came back that nothing was found except (your computer is at risk) Now each day I ask Norton to scan and nothing is found, however I cannot get connected to the enternet as before, and computer locks on periodicly to different web sites. I tried to get answers from the Control panel and a few other sites to no avail. I'm annoyed with Windows 10 because I had no trouble till they started to insist installing.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

This is usually an issue within internet explorer, so I would like you to do the following please

in Internet Explorer

Click Tools (the gear wheel top right) than Internet Options

Click on the General Tab and Delete all Temporary Internet Files.

Than click the Advance Tab and click Reset

Then restart the computer and tell me if you still have the issue.

I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.

Else let me know the results please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Richard, I am on a strick budget (Retired N.Y.C.P.D.)in 1973) Im 86 Yrs. old this problem was not my fault, Windows 10 has caused trouble with my health I'm ready to throw the computer out the window (or Lock up a few Window 10 people for fraud on Old people (the Feds) Keepit within my budget and I would be willing to work with you. P.S. I never charged anyone) Thanks
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

No problem, as you saw in my message I actually gave you the instructions to do yourself, with no extra charge, it was just an optional service.

Please do the instructions I gave and let me know if you still have the problems

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Richard, its 4:45 PM a 24 hour period of NO internet on my computer and I almost broke up when I realized I could not come back to tell you the request (list you typed up for me yesterday ) I could not get the internet to follow what instructions that were on YOUR website that I could not get as the Guide to follow...I tried yesterday and it didn't work I tried to contact you and no phone number was on any of our to & from yesterday. SO...I finally got internet at 4:15 PM today and its obvious you really didn't help me because I never communicated with you because The intermnet was down and your (get back to me if it does not work) There was no way I could contact you even to get the right directions , at 4pm I automaticly got the internet .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If you are still wondering what I rate your actions (you had my telephone number) NO call follow up from you, I did tell you I could not get on the internet, if you were that interested in my request to get connected to the internet you should have called me ! I have been without the internet too bad you didn't have someone call and follow up whether or not I could communicate with at least 911. Please don't call me I'll call you.... Joe Cody who once was a customer who was left hanging on switch.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

I am not sure Joe why you are waiting for a phone call, there was no discussion about this... I gave you a set of instructions to do, I gave this initially but for some reason you never did these instructions? Why is that? Or you did them? Sorry its not clear as you keep discussing a phone call which I never talked about.

But is the internet now back and working for you? Please let me know as I am pretty confused by your messages.

Thank you

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Richard, You originally said follow my instructions for some reason you are taking my knowledge of Computer for granted I did follow your instructions and got lost......I have been trying to work with you on this however you seem to want me to correct the problem when I don't have the internet & Yahoo mail to report back .... Please Please help at a reasonable cost (My wife is ready to pull the plug.At our age 86 & 80 we don't need aggravation. please Richard... Joseph 10:50am Thur. 10/8/15
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, the instructions are step by step and I cannot change them sorry as they are the steps you need to do.

Tell me on which step please you get lost. I have repeated them below

in Internet Explorer

Then restart the computer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Andy, I am going to give up I told my Son-in-Law to pick up the computer I believe tonight as I have to see the Doctor this is getting to my health. I now couldn't care less if I no longer have a computer (the wife agrees) Good Nite 10/8/15 7:20 PM
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Ok, I can understand. Please take into account I can only make the instructions as simple as possible, which I did by breaking it down step by step, but with some problems it can be a bit daunting. Its similar to trying to fix a car yourself, even with very clear instructions it can still be a challenge.

I have marked this question to never close, so any issues at all that your Son in Law has, let me know here.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you