Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

My computer failed to connect to a windows service. note on

Customer Question

my computer failed to connect to a windows service. note on bottom right hand side of screen says windows could not connect to the policy client service. How do I correct
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

I am sorry to know that you are facing problem with your computer.

Let me know the exact error message you get and when do you get the error.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This message appears in a blue box at bottom right corner of the screen when computer comes on. Failed to connect to a windows service windows could not connect to the group policy client service this problem prevents standard users from signing in as an administrative user, you can review. The message stops here and disappears. Unable to connect to google chrome for all my internet banking.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

What is the operating system on the computer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Windows 10
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

click on the cortana search and type in recovery you will see icons appear click on recovery option with the gear icon and let me know what all options you get when you click on recovery option.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am willing to pay $36.00 fee for service today, no other service is required. I just need the problem corrected. Thank you, Ed.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

That is fine. If there is a billing question please contact customer care as we experts dont have customer info or billing access.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I find Cortana?
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

press windows key and letter S key together

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
nothing happened
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

do you see a search bar at the bottom.