Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

How can I remove administrator priviledges from my computer

Customer Question

how can I remove administrator priviledges from my computer so that I can run programs from adisk?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today.

May I ask for you to elaborate a bit on what specifically you need help with? Are you wanting to configure the computer so that Administrator privileges are not needed?

I will be standing by.

Thank you,
Jason

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how do remove administrator privledges from my computer so that I can run a program from a disk?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the update.

May I start a remote screen sharing session with you so that I can better help you resolve this problem?

When the remote begins, a chat window will appear that we can use to communicate with each other.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no

Ok. Do you have any account on the computer that are administrators?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am decline your help
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

Why would removing admin permissions from your computer allow you to run a disk?

Please tell me the exact problem that you are having rather than what you think the solution is and I will be able to help you

Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

If you are trying to run an old program that requires you to have a CD in the drive to prove you own it. And it is now saying you need administrative rights to run it. That has nothing to do with administration rights. It is a recent ms security update that you have to uninstall. I can tell you how to do that if you can confirm that this is your actual problem