John, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MCP, RHCE
50152684

When loading windows 10 i get message after its complete

Customer Question

when loading windows 10 i get message after its complete Current Dsplay This Video Mode Optimum resolution 1280x1024 60Hz
Category: Computer
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble.I will try my best to help you.

Sir/Ma’am just to clarify you are getting this video mode message after you logged to windows 10?

Did this problem started after you upgraded to windows 10?

Which is the make and model of the PC?

Sincerely,

Note: - Please keep this conversation/Chat page opened to view my replies quickly. You will also get an email notification in your email each time I reply. To reply back to me use the reply box below.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This started when updating to Widows 10 and comes up when rebooting PC This is a Dell along with a Dell Monitor
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the details also were you able to get to the windows 10 login screen?

Please let me know the service tag of the Dell PC

Sincerely,

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Login screen looks like this

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Sir/Ma'am did you check my above reply and the image i send you to show how windows 10 login looks like.
If you are able to get windows 10 login screen then please try to do the following

1.Once you are in the windows login screen do not enter the password ***** look for power icon which is located on the lower right hand corner of the screen that has shut down,restart options.
2.Now press and hold the shift key and click on that power icon,that will show restart click on restart without releasing the shift key that will boot to options screen from that select Troubleshoot then select advanced options then Start-up settings then click on restart.
3.After the restart screen will show start-up settings with different options from that options we need Enable low-resolution video to get that press F3 key on the keyboard.
4.Now it will boot to windows in lowest resolution try to login and if you are able to login without that video error then you need to change the resolution 1280x1024 60Hz
5.To do that right on the desktop and click on display settings that will open settings window
6.In settings window make sure Display is selected then on the right side of that window scroll down and click on advanced display setting.
7.In that you find different screen resolutions from that select 1280x1024 then click on apply it will ask you whether you want to keep changes or revert to previous click on keep changes
8.Now click display adapter properties in the display adapter properties click on Monitor tab in that make sure screen refresh rate is 60 Hertz if not change it to that then again click on apply and OK

Now restart the PC and it will load to normal mode.Check it if you can log in to windows desktop screen without any video errors.Let me know the results,if that didn't work then let me know the service tag of the Dell PC so that we can try other fixes.

Please let me know the status.

Sincerely,

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Sir/Ma'am checking whether you tried my above instructions and did it work?

Please let me know the status of the issue.

if that didn't work then let me know the service tag of the Dell PC so that we can try other fixes and If it worked please rate my services/answer positively using the options just below this box or above this page select the rating and click on submit.Have a Great God Blessed Day.If you need any help in the future please use this link to ask for me http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-john/

Sincerely,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I returned to windows 7 and will stay there thanks
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the update.were able to do my instructions when windows 10 was running.