A. Stevens
A. Stevens, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  10+ years of Desktop, Laptop, and Server troubleshooting and support.
71208907

Google Nexus 7 pad will not identify or recognize Bose Solo

Customer Question

Google Nexus 7 pad will not identify or recognize Bose Solo 10-15 bluetooth adapter but recognizes and connects to Bosi mini speaker and Bose Wave bluetooth adapter. Why and how do I link with Bose Solo?
Category: Computer
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I am A. Stevens here to help with your question! Do you have another device that you can try to sync with the Bose Solo just to make sure that device itself is not faulty? It is just odd that you can connect to the speaker but not the adapter specfically

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have an iPhone connected and it works perfectly. The Nexus 7 is connected to a Bose Wave and it works perfectly. I concur that it's odd and that's why I am asking for help. The Nexus also won't connect with my auto while my iPhone will. The Nexus will not even identify with either auto or Bose Solo.
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.

Very odd, something you've probably already tried but can you try to toggle the bluetooth on/off on the nexus?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yea . I have toggled everything I could find. Have no idea why and suspect that you don't as well. Keep thinking.
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.

Have you attempted to do a factory reset of the Nexus perhaps?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just finished factory reset and other than being a pain, it did no substantive good re my problem. Any new ideas?
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.

Can you try this: Settings -> Apps -> Scroll over to All -> Select Bluetooth Share -> Clear Cache

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried your latest suggestion re clearing cache and, unfortunately;y, have also lost my lock on my Bose Wave. Now only have wifi connection on Bose Mini speaker. Imagine fault lies in Nexus 7 but have no idea how to fix same or request relief from Nexus folks.
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.

That's very strange that for some reason it will only connect to specific devices, the only 2 things you can do software wise you have already done at this point (factory reset and BT cache cleared). If you want to attempt once more I would try resetting the device again and then clearing the cache before attempting to connect any BT devices. If that still does not work I would have to suggest contacting Google/Nexus for a hardware repair/replacement

Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.

If you are within 1 year of purchase you are still covered under the manufacturer warranty