A. Stevens
A. Stevens, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  10+ years of Desktop, Laptop, and Server troubleshooting and support.
71208907

I need to uninstall Google Chrome that I installed myself

Customer Question

I need to uninstall Google Chrome that I installed myself here at work. It is incompatible with Creo Viewer, so I need to have my IT guys install their earlier (compatible) version of Chrome. "Google" does not appear in the Programs and Features list where I could normally uninstall it. Since you guys made it possible for me to install Chrome without admin rights, can you help me uninstall it without admin rights? Then I can get out of being in trouble for installing an incompatible Chrome, and causing IT this heartburn.
Category: Computer
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I am A. Stevens here to help with your question!

Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.

So if for some reason Google Chrome does not appear in the programs and features list this is the resolution to remove it

Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.

Manually delete the Chrome folder. Right-click the Chrome icon on the Start screen, go to "Open File Location", which opens where the shortcut is inside the Start menu folders. Right-click that again, and once more choose "open file location", which will find the real chrome.exe (not a shortcut). Go up one level and delete the entire Chrome folder.