Josh, Support Specialist
Experience:  5 years as Network Admin, 10+ years of IT support
50836188

I recently upgraded to Windows 10, and I am generally happy

Customer Question

I recently upgraded to Windows 10, and I am generally happy with it. I have one major problem: I can't use any flight simulator that I have available.
I have used Flight Simulator 2004 for several years with Windows 7. After upgrading to Windows 10 I tried using FS 2004 and was unsuccessful. I uninstalled FS 2004, reinstalled it and it still wouldn't run. I bought two other simulators (Virtual Pilot 3D and Flight Simulator 2015) with the same results. I thought of buying MS Flight Simulator 10, but I read on the internet that it definitely will not work with Windows 10. Any suggestions? (Flight Simulator is important to me, a retired former USAF pilot.)
Category: Computer
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

Hi!

I would suggest that you run the program/simulator in compatibility mode.

find the main .exe file or shortcut you use to the application, right click it and select Properties

Once the file properties box has loaded, click the Compatibility tab and then tick the box labelled Run this program in compatibility mode for. Now, select the version of Windows that this application was designed to run on (you can use trial and error and see if it runs better under various scenarios). Once you are done, click OK:

Now open the program and try running it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried your solution without success. Apparently there is no compatibility mode for Windows 7 to run Flight Simulator on Windows 10. Do you have any other suggestions?
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

I am not sure what you mean -- Did you follow my steps on the Windows 10 computer?