Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.
30037186

I upgraded to Windows 10 and I need to upgrade a driver

Customer Question

I upgraded to Windows 10 and I need to upgrade a driver for my camera..Where do I find one..
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm sorry about the issue. Can you please check at the back/bottom of your Toshiba Satellite laptop for the model of it, such as c655-s5049?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Satillite LS745
Thank you. What's the full model of the L745, such as L745-S4210?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
L745-S4210
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I run a small homebased business and my phone line is busy with customers..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if you are unable to help me.I will hire someone else..Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is why Video conferencing will help my business..Do I have to buy a different computer..HP mybe
I'm sorry, it's taking me a few minutes to write all possible solutions for you. Can you please stay on this web page for a bit while I'm writing the solutions? Thank you.

You do not need a new computer. Here are all the possible solutions:

- Please right-click on the Start button (which is the windows logo icon at the bottom right of the computer's screen), then click on Settings, then click on Update & security, then check for windows updates there, and install all updates (including optional updates) if show, then check.

- If that does not work, Toshiba did not make a Windows 10 driver for this laptop's camera, but can you go to the Toshiba website below:

http://support.toshiba.com/support/driversResults?freeText=3025145

, then there, click on Camera option on the left, then click on Windows 8 (64bit) on the left

, then click on the latest version of Toshiba Web Camera Application on the right

, then download / install it and check.

- If that still does not work, Toshiba does not support the camera for Windows 10 on this laptop's model. You have two options:

1. Remove Windows 10: Click on Start -> Settings -> Update & security -> Recovery, then there, select the option to go back to your previous windows version, or

2. Buy an external USB camera for laptop that is compatible with Windows 10, then you can install / connect it to the laptop and use, and it will work with windows 10.

Please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.