Hi, I'm sorry about the issue. Can you please check at the back/bottom of your Toshiba Satellite laptop for the model of it, such as c655-s5049?
You do not need a new computer. Here are all the possible solutions:
- Please right-click on the Start button (which is the windows logo icon at the bottom right of the computer's screen), then click on Settings, then click on Update & security, then check for windows updates there, and install all updates (including optional updates) if show, then check.
- If that does not work, Toshiba did not make a Windows 10 driver for this laptop's camera, but can you go to the Toshiba website below:
, then there, click on Camera option on the left, then click on Windows 8 (64bit) on the left
, then click on the latest version of Toshiba Web Camera Application on the right
, then download / install it and check.
- If that still does not work, Toshiba does not support the camera for Windows 10 on this laptop's model. You have two options:
1. Remove Windows 10: Click on Start -> Settings -> Update & security -> Recovery, then there, select the option to go back to your previous windows version, or
2. Buy an external USB camera for laptop that is compatible with Windows 10, then you can install / connect it to the laptop and use, and it will work with windows 10.
Please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.