Freddy M.
Freddy M., Support Specialist
Experience:  Years of experience in the IT field and in customer support.
15852642

How can I get my windows 7 out of the safe mode, turning it

Customer Question

how can I get my windows 7 out of the safe mode, turning it on and off don't do it?? Thanx
Category: Computer
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.

Hold down the windows key between alt and ctrl on the left side of the keyboard.

While holding it tap R and a run box will open, type in msconfig and click on ok.

In the window that opens change it to normal startup, then choose apply, ok and restart the computer.
If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Didn't work is still in safe mode
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

What happened when you tried it? Were you able to follow all the steps, did it already show normal mode there?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I believe so
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Ok please try it again but switch it to selective startup.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
STILL THE SAME, THE APPLY WINDOW IS DIMMED OUT, SO WHEN I HIT IT NOTHING REALLY HAPPENS?? THEN i HIT OK AND IT TAKES
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Restart the computer and as it is starting up repeatedly tap F8 here you would normally choose safe mode, instead look for either normal mode or last known good configuration.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's still the same. I think I'll get someone on the phone from the best buy geek squad. I've got other problems in the computer I think. Thanx for for time. Please cancel my visa charge. thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still waiting for a reply to my request to cancel my visa card charge since you not be able to resolve my "safe mode" problem. Ray
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

I sent this to customer service for you after your last reply.