Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

My Motorola android tablet has had its password changed. I

Customer Question

My Motorola android tablet has had its password ***** I did not change it. I have had it a long tome and have forgotten the username and password. The contact phone number is ***** old work phone. I have been retired for 2 years. E-mail works on my home unit. Any assistance would be very helpful. My new cell phone # *****(###) ###-#### Thank you Jim Lovins
Category: Computer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My old work cell number is(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not had the work cell for 2 years.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could I delete the g-mail from my tablet and start it again with the new information on the device?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

You need to know what gmail address you used in order to recover the data on it.

You can reset it entirely and use a new gmail address and the tablet will work but anything private to you on the tablet will not be there. You would have to download all of your apps again etc

If you have another Android phone or tablet we can find what gmail that is using. It might be the same one

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My Iphone and laptop and the tablet are all connected. Same e-mail address etc. The phone and tablet are working together. the tablet will not accept e-mails because someone has changed the password ***** the e-mail service on the tablet is still set to my old work cell phone. I do not believe you have answered my question. If I change the gmail on my tablet I can not get emails from my other devices. thanks for your advice.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My wife and I can not have a second email account. Can't you just change the phone number connected to the gmail address of my tablet so change the password ***** all devices are in sink?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I stop this service prior to the 30 days. I thought about doping what you recommend. It is not a solution for my problem.
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

i am confused here. how can the iphone and the tablet all be using the same email address but you dont know the password ***** it and cant change it?

what type of address is it ? normally the tablet would use a gmail address and the iphone would use an apple id. you can of course use gmail as an email in the iphone email app but you cant run the iphone off it the way you run an android off it.