Russell H., Computer Systems Expert
Experience:  13+ years experience
13568747

My wife bought a lap top computer from the Tyler Best buy

Customer Question

My wife bought a lap top computer from the Tyler Best buy Store and obtained a maintenance contract for TWo computers. She has used it two days ago but I have not used it at all. I need to get some work from your store on my machine for email access. I have been in the hospital for about six weeks and just got home. She claims that the computer shut down on its own and has not been able to get the email to woek at all. I had some veterans information on the email sent section but I can't even access my email at all. CAN YOU HELP? I can access my windows screen but cannot get to my email from there.
My telephone # ***** ***** I should be home most of the afternoon should you need to get into my computer for any access you may need.
Her name is ***** ***** xxxxxxxxxxxx. Used your system Friday evening and Saturday morning.
Thank you for your time. xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, same address, same telephone number.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Try restarting the computer, and logging in again, trying the internet to make sure you have internet access... e.g. by opening a web page or two. Then try logging in to the email.

With some email accounts, if your usual access does not work, try going to the webmail interface for the email account.

E.g. if you have a hotmail address, go to

www.hotmail.com

in a web browser, and log in there.

If your email address were with aol.com, go to

www.aol.com

and log in there, and similarly for most other email addresses.

After that, and getting hold of the sent email material you need, you can let me know:

How do you usually access your email? through Outlook, through some other program?

What error condition or message do you get when you try to access email that way, now?