Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

Man am i in trouble. computer slow as. i have been turning

Customer Question

man am i in trouble. computer slow as hell. i have been turning off and then on again to see if it could run again. dont know how to fix, task mgr shows me as user with a 25 after it do i have that many sessions going on. task manager says 100 percent disc most of time help thanks reg adams
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve the problem you have posted.

what is the make and model of the computer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ASUS HOMI
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

model number?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
X551M
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the info.

opne mycomputer or thispc and let me know how much space is available on c drive.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
341 OF 444
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
R U THERE ?
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

yes i am. 341 Gb out of 444GB is that correct?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is fluctuating slightly
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
now 415 of 444
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

you have windows 8 or 8.1 let me know that and since how long the computer is running slow ans sluggish.

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

did you ran a virus scan and chek for malware?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
8.i cant run norton for some reason and i dont have malware been slow about a day1,
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

From the Windows 8 Start screen, type "Restore." The top result in the right-side Search panel should be "Create a restore point." Even though that's not what we're doing today, that's the choice you want to make. It opens the Control Panel to the Systems Properties dialog's System Protection tab
Tap the first button on that property sheet: System Restore. This opens a wizard-like dialog, the first page of which says "Restore system files and settings"
Next, you'll see a dialog with a choice of system restore points
Hit Next. Now you'll see the "Confirm your restore point" dialog," which lets you do exactly what it says. Note you can tick the "Show more restore points" box to do just that. You're also prompted to save any open files and make sure your Windows Password *****
Click Finish. You'll then see a final warning dialog telling you that once started, the System Restore cannot be interrupted, with another confirmation button for continuing the process. Click Yes.
Next you'll see a progress timer saying Restoring System, after which a full-screen Windows Update-like screen will display, saying "Please wait while your Windows files and settings are being restored." The process will run through initializing, restoring the registry, and then it will restart.

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

If this doesnt help let me know i can manually check the settings and make necessary changes so that the computer runs faster using remote assistance service.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
just got norton to s if i run restore i wont loose office that i installed yesterday will i ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
click on restore point and nothing happens
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

There is an optional Remote Connect Service - Quick Resolution

Remote access is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee ($15). It is 100% safe which will allow me directly work on the problem and can be fixed quickly, you can sit back and watch your screen while i fix it for you. Let me know if you need the additional service or else we can continue with the service you have already opted for.
let me know if you want to opt for remote assistance

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
only restore date i get is today and now
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what is total cost with remote asst
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

minimal one-time flat fee ($15)

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

let me know so that i can give you the remote link to run and i can fix the computer right in front of you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it wont accept payment
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

no problem we can take the payment later. I will give you the remote link.

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

click here to run remote tool

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Join Your Remote Desktop Session

How Remote Desktop Works

1. Agree to the Remote Desktop Legal Disclaimer below.
  2. The Remote Desktop client file will automatically download to your computer.
  3. Open the Remote Desktop client file on your computer and you will be connected to a session with your Expert.
  4. After agreeing to the Remote Desktop Legal Disclaimer, you can always download the client again if need be.