Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

Toshiba Satellite P75-A7100 no bootable device. installed

Customer Question

Toshiba Satellite P75-A7100 no bootable device. installed SSD, cloned it from the HDD. removed HDD. P75 will not boot from the SSD. P75 will boot from the HDD. How do I get it to boot from the SSD?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve the problem you have posted.

Cheeck the clone was successful or not and when you connect the ssd check in the bios if the ssd is recognized by the bios or not.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the bios recognizes the ssd; otherwise i would not have been able to clone. the clone software said the clone was successful. the problem is that the laptop apparently will only boot from the hdd even though the bios states it will boot from hdd/ssd.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Try booting from the original hdd and let the ssd be connected too when you are on windows screen try to read the ssd file and let me know if you can see the ssd in mycomputer and read the files.