Nathan, Systems Manager
Experience:  Own/operate computer networking/IT company.
59725966

My picture is freezing up. Hand held not operating. Ive done

Customer Question

My picture is freezing up. Hand held not operating. Ive done the red button, unpluged
and plugged back in . Removed card and replaced. Nothing works. Cable is hanging about
3 feet off the roof. I need service and update? This has been here 6 years. Im really
getting fed up. Thinking about DISH Instead.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

What is the make/model of your tv?
Who is your cable/service provider?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The tv is sansung. My cable co is Direct tv. I have a reg antenna for area channels and the tv works fine. Its just the cable co.I tried to call but only get recorded stuff.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Iv replaced the batteries in the hand held thing. 2 times . already
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

If you are saying the antenna works fine, and that you have the freezing problem only with the directv picture, that is a bad cable box or a problem with the dish on the roof. Unplug power to the dish box for 60+ seconds to reboot.

If no change, let me know if you have the same problem playing back a recorded dvr event (not just a live show).