Cody
Cody, Senior Systems Administrator
Experience:  Systems Administrator
58973002

When I type an (inline) equation, then exit, the following

Customer Question

When I type an (inline) equation, then exit, the following text appears to start immediately, but when I convert to pdf that following text is pushed to the right about an inch.
How can I remove the distance imposed between the end of the equation and the following text when it is converted to pdf?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Cody replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

Could you upload an example here of the pdf file?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here is a simple example.Also while I am here, I have just tried to use Quattro Pro x5 (recently updated I believe) and find it unbelievably useless for creating charts. I have been using this product for 20 years at least and I can’t believe how bad the product is now. I will need to go back to version 8 as 10 was also useless (at least when I got it, and I never used it). I will get another version (QP X5 on XP) from another computer in for repairs today and will compare to this QP X5 version on Win7.Bryan Kerman
Expert:  Cody replied 1 year ago.

Did you try to attach a file? If so, it looks like it didn't get attached.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried to send Corel a Corel formmated file (,wpd) but was unable. As you can see in the pdf file a long gap has been generated.
I have also found that this problem does not occur when the pdf conversion is done by Word Perfect 10 (2002).
By accident I heard another user had a problem with her book - with the foot notes and solved it by converting her document to Word. which didn't have a problem with generating pdf.There is no point in continuing - except to Corel to correct this flaw in WP X5.I also plan to avoid Quatro XP and continue using Quatro 8.Bryan Kerman
Expert:  Cody replied 1 year ago.

Appears you have found a work around yourself in Word Perfect. Do you need any additional help with anything? I may have to opt out if so, as I'm not familiar with Word Perfect, just Microsoft Word.