Barun
Barun, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience in providing support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

I see that my Vista isn't working very well. What to d0?

Customer Question

Category: Computer
Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.

Hi, and thank you for asking your question.

Could you provide further details about your issue, please? Are you having any specific problems with using Vista?

Please reply back to me below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what do I need to do. What are the alternatives to Vista, that will work?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What's the $10. for? Is that in addition to $36.?
Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.

Hmm, it looks like you did not receive my earlier reply: are you having any specific issues with Vista now? For example, is the system functioning slow, or are you getting any errors/popups?

Please disregard the remote offer (prompted by the site) for now; let's continue conversing on this page itself. Do keep me posted.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The very specific problem is that Vista isn't valid any more. Sometimes I receive a pop up from certain sites saying that I need to up date.
Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.

I see, all right - so you are looking to upgrade your version of Windows. Before I provide you with options, could you kindly let me know the model of your system (so that I can check if an upgraded OS will be supported)?

Keep me posted.

Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.

If you are not sure (or are not able to find the model), no issues - please reply back to me below and I'll provide you with further directions. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have I.E. 9. Is that the model? What do you mean by "the model"? Can you give me an example?
Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.

Hmm; so I'm referring to the model number of your computer itself; for example, if it's a laptop, you can find the model number at the back of the laptop, like HP Envy 1455, etc. Do let me know, please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's a desktop. Dell Inspiron 530.
Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the info; checking the specs for the model now. Be right back.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK
Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.

OK, I just checked the system specs for your model, and you should able to upgrade just fine to Windows 7 itself. Once you have upgraded to Windows 7, you will be automatically prompted by Windows to carry out a FREE upgrade to Windows 10 (that's the latest version of Windows available as of yet).

You may purchase a DVD copy of Windows 7 online from Amazon, using the following link:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00H09BB16/ref=s9_al_bw_g65_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-3&pf_rd_r=13M54JWGZFHRQYY3M183&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=2058553682&pf_rd_i=1286119011

Once you have gotten the installation disk, just power on your system with the disk inserted and follow the on-screen directions to boot up from the disk, and install Windows 7 accordingly.

One more thing: your Dell system has 2GB of RAM installed; while that's the minimum requirement to install Windows 7, I'd advise you to upgrade your RAM to atleast 4GB, so as to ensure smooth performance with Windows 7 (as well as Windows 10.)

You may purchase the additional 2GB of RAM online as well, using the following link:

http://www.crucial.com/usa/en/compatible-upgrade-for/Dell/inspiron-530

If you need more help, please use the Reply tab to continue our conversation.

Otherwise, I'd appreciate it if you could kindly take a moment to RATE my service by clicking on (and submit) a star rating at the top of this page. Thank you!