Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.
30037186

I never activated my copy of Miscrosoft Works SE 2007 on an

Customer Question

I never activated my copy of Miscrosoft Works SE 2007 on an acer laptop . I only have a few more times that i can use it -- I tried using the oem number supplied by the program.
it keeps telling me wrong number. For some reason MS does not recognize this number
which starts with 91923-OEM etc ------ -----
WHY CANT I ACTIVATE OR WHY DOES MS NOT RECOGNIZE THE NUMBER SUPPLIED WITH
ORIGINAL PURCHASE ADS AS LEGITIMATE
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry about the issue. I'm an independent computer tech; I will help you today. Unfortunately, that is a very old software version, Microsoft does not support and does not update Microsoft Works software any more. I can provide you an alternate Office / document program. Is that okay?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i'/m not asking for an update or an alternate free pgm "open source" I only want to activate the program which was bought with the computer. It is quite obvious that ACER had a bulk supply of product keys which the
are not honoring. The OEM number supplied by ACER is not recognized by MICROSOFT apparently ''
I'm sorry, unfortunately, that software has been 8 years old, so Acer and Microsoft do not support it any more. I mean, not any open source program, but Microsoft Office program. Is that okay? Do you just need Word and Excel programs? Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
An MS Office program might do the trick
One I can activate
Thank you. Can I connect remotely to your computer, so I can download / install MS Office program directly on your computer together with you? Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no - can you just give download instructions

With remote support, you can see everything I do on the screen, and we have an A+ service rating at the Better Business Bureau website:
http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/professional-services-general/justanswer-in-san-francisco-ca-82403
Remote support is quicker and easier for you as I will do all the troubleshooting steps for you. But per your request, I can certainly provide written instructions you can use.

Please download and install the MS Office software at the website below:

http://wikisend.com/download/188164/

Please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my reason is-- I am talking from another -my main-computer . (win 7_)
my lap top is on same local net net but upgraded to win 7

Please go to the website below on your laptop to download / install Office:

http://wikisend.com/download/188164/

http://wikisend.com/download/188164/

Or if you'd like me to connect remotely to your laptop, then please go to your email on the laptop for email messages from JustAnswer / Viet.

Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i havnt figured out mail for win10 yet .. i'll go with down and hope for best thanks

You're welcome. I can help with Mail issue on Windows 10 also. What email do you use, such as Hotmail, Yahoo, Gmail, AOL, etc.? Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i don't realy use email for this particular laptop- so i'll skip this- thanks for your helpall i have to copy all of this-- or can you send it to me email

Do you see email messages from JustAnswer / Viet in your email now? Thank you.

You're welcome. Do you see email messages from JustAnswer / Viet in your email now? Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
not yet its***@******.***

That's strange. Can you bookmark / add to favorites this web page? Can you click on My Account at the top of this web page, then make sure you have your correct email address there? If needed, check Spam email folder. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
note the email has an error its not SCA but .ca repeat***@******.***

Please click on My Account at the top of this web page, then edit to your correct email address there, then save/apply/ok, thank you.

Then check your email for a message from JustAnswer / Viet. Please reply at the box below. Thank you.