active1065
active1065, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  several years of experience in programming,website and s/w development
18731947

I recently upgraded to windows 10 from windows 10 on a dell

Customer Question

Hello, I recently upgraded to windows 10 from windows 10 on a dell inspiron all-in one machine, I decide to keep IE 11 as my default browser, disabled tablet view and made my desktop appear as it did before with all my icons, all my files and folders stayed
intact, this was about 2 months ago. Yesterday when I tried to log in, there was a message that it was going to check my hard disk for errors so I let it run, after restarting I got a message on the right lower screen that stated "logged in as a temporary
user, now I can not access any of my files or folders and IE11 is also gone, my computer is almost unusable in this condition and I do not like windows 10 all that much but I'll keep it if I can get it back to where it was, my question is: How do I go recover
my original user information, so I can access my files and go back to the way it was. I have tried a few things including account settings and user settings, but the problem is that I can't even run as administrator, it's like I'm logged in as guest with no
access to anything. Almost all information on the web is for W7 or 8 and is useless. Please provide a step by step solution if possible.
Category: Computer
Expert:  active1065 replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer. Please try the steps below to enable Built Admin account.

a) Press Windows and x key together on your desktop screen.
b) Click on Command Prompt (admin).
c) Type: net user administrator /active: yes

After enabling Built-in admin, see if you can login as admin.

Let me know the update after you try the above steps.

Regards,

paul