Wes
Wes, Consultant
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, 20+ years experience.
63083622

Trying to locate where a text message came from the number

Customer Question

Trying to locate where a text message came from the number cannot be found through reverse lookups
Category: Computer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the message came from(###) ###-####
Expert:  Wes replied 1 year ago.

It is not always possible to determine where (or from who's phone) a text message originated from because the originating number can be faked. But let me do some checking... it may be possible to at least determine the carrier.

Expert:  Wes replied 1 year ago.

So 236 is British Columbia...

Expert:  Wes replied 1 year ago.

So looking around it seems like there are a lot of complaints about scams originating from the 236 area code. Can you tell me more about what this is about?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is what I have been finding also that the number cannot be found or located so appears that the person that sent the very derogatory accusing text message intended to cause issues and heartache for those involved.
Expert:  Wes replied 1 year ago.

Don't respond to it, they may be using an automated system to collect phone numbers and build advertising lists. Just delete it