Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I had windows 8.1 and got alot of problems like windows

Customer Question

i had windows 8.1 and got alot of problems like windows search doesn't work since i install this version of windows it give me no result , no effect whenever i start type the thing i wanna search about also can't find Bluetooth device or even controller
on windows 8.1 menus windows service seem have a problems can't install programs good way -i got an avira antivirus -im a little advanced user not really noob -hard to lose files or settings (in case u tell me reinstall windows) Thanks for this awesome service
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

When you say this version of windows, which version is this? 7 or 10?

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
8.1
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thanks

Can you do the following please

1. Open the Windows Control Panel. You can get there by either by hitting Windows + X and selecting Control Panel or by searching for Control Panel.

2. Click Indexing Options. If you don't see an icon for Indexing Options select Large Icons from the View by menu.

3. Click Modify.

4. Select the folders you wish to index and Click Ok. The system will index any subfolders beneath them. If you select a whole drive, it will index all folders below the root level.

5. Click Close. The system will take a few minutes to add the new locations you added to its index.

Then try to search and tell me please if it now returns results

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
already do that , wont work searching is not even show me any effect whenever i type anything on any search on explorer not about indexing at all ..
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Sorry? I did not understand your response sorry.

Were you able to do the instructions I gave?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i did but it have nothing to do with my problem sir
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, than do the following please

Download CC Cleaner (free) from here

<a href="http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner">CC Cleaner </a>

(Click Download Latest Version on the top right)

Run it and let it scan and repair your registry.

Once done, restart the computer

Than

Click Start, All Programs, Accessories, right click on Command Prompt and select Run As Administrator.

A black window will open.

Type in it

sfc /scannow

press enter and when it has completed, type in

chkdsk /r

Press enter.

It will give a message "the type of the file system is NTFS cannot lock current drive.

chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be checked the next time the system restarts y/n" Say Y, press enter and restart the computer.

Please note, while this normally only takes 10 minutes to run, it can take at times number of hours if windows encounters many issues. If this is occurring it is critical to let this complete as it means you have corruption on the hard drive that it needs to fix. Even if it looks like the scan is not progressing, it is, please just let it run to completion. Windows will then start when it has.

Then try to search

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
still nothing works :(
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

You did ALL of this in 10 minutes? Thats not possible, just the scan for sfc /scannow takes more then 10 minutes.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i mean i try it before i already saw a tutorial on websites but it didn't face my problem at all there's nothing changed after all this :(
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

what was the results when it completed the scannow scan?