Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, PC Tech
Experience:  2 year degree from ITT Technical Institute.
46034742

Have hp dv-2177 cl laptop sold with vista loaded but I was

Customer Question

have hp dv-2177 cl laptop sold with vista loaded but I was provided an upgrade to windows 7 by seller. now laptop will not download windows 10.
what do I do I have legal copy of windows 7 . machine has 317 free rom 4 gb ram intel processor runs at 2.26 ghz.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Charles A. Roberts replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will do whatever I possibly can to help answer your questions. There is a way to download and install a full version copy upgrade to your machine. You are going to need a blank DVD available. Give me a moment I will send you a link to the download.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 Go to that link: Download the 64 bit version of the tool. It will download and once the download is completed It will give you the option to burn the to disk. Once the Burning of the disk is completed reload the disk and it should auto run and install the upgrade from the disk that should work if it doesn't let me know. Don't forget to leave positive feedback for my time and information using the rating stars thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
not working screen says "there was problem starting setup. close tool, restart your pc, and try running the tool again. "
tried 2nd time same answer."

Do you have another computer to run this tool at all?