Nathan, Systems Manager
Experience:  Own/operate computer networking/IT company.
59725966

My husband moved a TV and the little genie box and swim from

Customer Question

My husband moved a TV and the little genie box and swim from one bedroom to another bedroom, but now he totally disconnected everything and we don't know how to hook it back up.
Beverly
Category: Computer
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Typically you do not want to relocate the SWM box at all, that is there as a power injection point for the system to boost the signal.

Assuming the wall jack in the other room is live however, you'd need to go from wall jack (dish) out to the input of the swm adapter (which needs power also) then out of the swm to the 4x4 splitter/multiplexer (if you have more than 1 tv fed off this jack), then to the genie box from there.