Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

Why after running a windows update last week does my

Customer Question

Why after running a windows update last week does my Microsoft Age of Empires II "Age of Kings fail to operate? When I restored my computer to a later date it works. But every time I shut-off my computer it reloads and the game doesn't work anymore.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

What reloads? The update? You can turn off the automatic updates

1. Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button . In the search box, type Update, and then, in the list of results, click Windows Update.

2. In the left pane, click Change settings.

3. Under Important updates, choose the option that you want.

4. Under Recommended updates, select the Give me recommended updates the same way I receive important updates check box, and then click OK. If you're prompted for an administrator password ***** confirmation, type the password ***** provide confirmation.