Mr.Med
Mr.Med, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Networks & Security Engineer
76221641

I had an anonymous caller call said I was being hacked. He

Customer Question

I had an anonymous caller call said I was being hacked. He told me to hold windows logo key and the R key down at same time. In that box he had me type eventvwr then a box came up that said 27,245 events had happened and below that was numerous red error showed up. My husband had me hang up because we were scared this person was the one trying to hack us. My question is why are all the errors signs there?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to justanswer, My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you today,

I'm sorry about the issue, Yes. It is a scam. Do not trust unsolicited calls. Do not provide any personal information.

Here are some of the organizations that cybercriminals claim to be from:

• Windows Helpdesk
  • Windows Service Center
  • Microsoft Tech Support
  • Microsoft Support
  • Windows Technical Department Support Group
  • Microsoft Research and Development Team (Microsoft R & D Team)

If someone claiming to be from Microsoft tech support calls you:

• Do not purchase any software or services.

• Ask if there is a fee or subscription associated with the "service." If there is, hang up.

• Never give control of your computer to a third party unless you can confirm that it is a legitimate representative of a computer support team with whom you are already a customer.

• Take the caller's information down and immediately report it to your local authorities.

• Never provide your credit card or financial information to someone claiming to be from Microsoft tech support.

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.

If you have a moment please rate my service by clicking on one of the faces below, positive ratings are appreciated.

JustAnswer has a 100% satisfaction guarantee. We value you as a customer and very much want you to be satisfied.

Thank you

regards