Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

When I open Outlook 2013 and I start going thru my e-mails

Customer Question

When I open Outlook 2013 and I start going thru my e-mails after a short time the screen freezes and I have to use Task Manager to stop the process and start over again than again it will freeze after another short time. I cannot use the delete or any other function when it freezesWhen you look into task manager it***@******.*** not running. Outlook 2013 not running
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me please when this problem started?

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
about a week ago
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
did you get my answer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

yes, sorry was typing your answer

Can you close all program

Click start, type in

system restore

Press enter and follow the steps to perform a restore from before yesterday to under any damage that has occurred

When it has complete tell me if you still have the problem please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did a system restore when it first started and it did not correct the problem Richard
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thanks

So I do not type out instructions you already have done, can you tell me what you have already done please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The only thing I thought I knew how to do was restore to an earlier date. I went back a week went it started there were other restore points but they were back in May
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Ok thanks

Can you close all programs.

Then go to Control Panel, uninstall a program, and click on Office.

Click Change, Repair

Choose online repair. Let this complete and when it has, restart the computer and tell me if it now functions ok please.

I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i will do it
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

no problem and thank you