Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I have a spreadsheet in my downloads folder that need

Customer Question

I have a spreadsheet in my downloads folder that need corrections. Know how to open the spreadsheet to look at it in Excel Viewer. Can you please help me. I have bought 2 books for windows 8 for Seniors which has not helped me. Can you suggest a book to help this old lady with further problems. My old computer was hacked. All new computers have Windows 8. Very annoying to me that it is taking me so long to figure this out.
Thank you for your assistance,
Jeanette Mushinski
Houston, Texas
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

A great book is this one Jeanette

http://www.amazon.com/Excel-2013-Bible-John-Walkenbach/dp/1118490363/ref=zg_bs_4179_3

As it covers everything for Excel.

And is there anything specific you need me to help you with on this problem?

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.

Thanks,

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there, did you need any more information on this?