Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I have just upgraded my Lenovo Leptop G560 to Windows 10

Customer Question

I have just upgraded my Lenovo Leptop G560 to Windows 10 Home and the printer HP officejet 5600 stop working. Can you help me PLEASE.
Thank you very much
Michael ***@******.***
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome Michael

What happens when you try to print?

Please let me know

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I try to print ' the printer do'nt start printing and I can see on the leptop the sign of printer for few sec.
the computer counting the number of unprinting paiges
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thanks

Can you click on the windows logo in the bottom left and type in devices and click on devices and printers.

Right click on your printer and select Remove.

Then restart the computer

Once done, install the printer again like when you first received it and tell me please if it is then printing.

I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.

Else let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I start to do by mi self
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

No problem at all. Please let me know the results

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Richard Hi
I finish all but no printing
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thanks

The printer is not compatible with windows 10 sorry, we have now confirmed this. You only have three options here

-Replace the printer with one that is windows 10 compatible (tell me if you wish and I can advise on one)

-Wait for an update from either windows or HP for an update to correct this. Due to the amount of issues within windows 10, getting an ETA on this is not possible at the moment (I checked)

-Return to your previous version of windows To do this

open the Start menu and select Settings. Click the “Update & security” icon and select “Recovery.”

You should see a “Go back to Windows 7” or “Go back to Windows 8.1” option. Click the Get started button to get rid of your Windows 10 install and restore your previous Windows install. Microsoft will ask you why you want to go back.

It will then work again

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard
Thanks for help ' I am starting now to recover my old Windows
I will give my replay soon
Thanks
Michael
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Michael

Let me know the results please,