Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I am trying to set up my Asus Essencio CM6730 desktop

Customer Question

I am trying to set up my Asus Essencio CM6730 desktop computer so that I can connect to the internet wirelessly. I want to use my mobile phone's HOTSPOT feature. How do I con-
figure my computer to communicate with my cell phone's network so that my PC computer can connect to the internet using my cell phone.s network (T-Mobile)?
Earl xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Is there any error or message?

Did it let you configure / set up the hotspot on the phone, i.e., do you see any SSID (wireless network name) on the phone, and/or did you set up any password ***** the hotspot on the phone?

Can you check if your Asus Essencio CM6730 desktop computer has wireless hardware first: go to Control Panel\System and Security\System, then click on Device Manager on the left. Then double-click on the item Network adapters, and see if it shows any wireless / wi-fi item there.

If it does show the wireless / Wi-Fi adapter there, then when you go to Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Center, then there, click on the option "Connect to a network", what do you see? Does it see your phone's hotspot name? If yes, what happens when you select / connect to it? Is there any error or message?

When you are available, please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.