Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I am locked out of my yahoo account because it said my

Customer Question

I am locked out of my yahoo account because it said my password ***** weak, so I put in a new password ***** times before it would take one. now I have no idea what my password ***** ***** yahoo i.d. is and am locked out, can't reach a person at customer care and don,t have a clue what to do. I need back in asap
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me please, what is the exact message you now get when you try to sign into your Yahoo account?

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
INVALID USERNAME/PASSWORD ***** TRY AGAIN
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thank you

Can you click on my link below please

https://edit.yahoo.com/forgotroot

Click Next and follow the steps to reset your password. This will allow you to set a new one. Make it have a Capital and a number to make it complex eg: Richie16

Then once reset, use this new password ***** sign into your account.

Let me know the results please.

Thank you