Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Consultant within every computer and networking category. Troubleshoot and maintain various operating systems. Sales Engineering.
63493917

I have a agfa camera 12mega pixel model optima #2338mt and i

Customer Question

i have a agfa camera 12mega pixel model optima #2338mt and i need a new battery li-ion for it. so where can i find one or could you send me one. also what it will cost me.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be attempting to answer your question to the best of my ability.

I have found the best place to get replacement batteries are from Batteries Plus. Hee is the link:

https://www.batteriesplus.com/

If they do NOT have your battery, you may have a proprietary type of battey form factor, meaning NOBODY makes a replacement EXCEPT the original manufacturer. And even then, they may have discontinued replacement parts, making your search nearly impossible.

To answer your questions as to whether I (or anybody here at just answer) can send you a new battery, is unfortunately no. We are experts in our field, but do not stock replacement parts. How much will this battery cost you, is again, determined NOT by just answer. But typically it is between 25-50% of the total cost of the camera. So if the camera were $100, a new battery would be between 25 and 50 dollars.

Here is additional support for THAT camera, pulled directly from the USER manual. You will need to call and find out HOW a NEW battery can be obtained.

I cannot do this on your behalf, because I am NOT the purchaser of the camera.

More information on the complete AgfaPhoto digital camera product range can be found under www.plawa.com / www.plawausa.com
Service & Repair (USA/ Canada): +1-866(###) ###-####www.plawausa.com
Support Service (USA/ Canada) *****@******.***

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you for your information and anserwing my request and i will try different camera places here in my city.

I don't want you to waste your time. But I don't think you will find a replacemet battery at a camera shop.

Honestly, I think your BEST bet , is to call the number, and speak with a CSR, and either order a replacement, or have THEM tell you where one can be purchased.

Also, if I have done a great job, please take a moment to RATE my performance.

Thank you