s_feehan
s_feehan, Computer Repairer
Experience:  11 years of repair, 3+ in a professional setting
69400341

My computer does not boot up when I first start it. I must

Customer Question

My computer does not boot up when I first start it. I must do a hard stop on it and restart it again to make it start. It is Window 10. It also did that when it was a windows 8.1 How can I fix it?
Category: Computer
Expert:  s_feehan replied 1 year ago.

Hello there, we need to verify the integrity of your file system. What I'd like you to do is get to your desktop, and open a browser.

Let's navigate and follow along to this link here: http://www.tekrevue.com/tip/how-to-scan-fix-hard-drives-with-chkdsk-in-windows-8/

Expert:  s_feehan replied 1 year ago.

You may also find this video easier to follow : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ACiT3GMcNs

Expert:  s_feehan replied 1 year ago.

This will repair and replace any corrupt files in your Windows system ... If this does not fix it, let me know we'll need to look at verifying the integrity of your actual hard drive as that could be failing too.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I use Window 10. I did as you asked and it said that it was not a recognized command/
Expert:  s_feehan replied 1 year ago.

Let's try getting you to the desktop. Hitting the start button (windows logo) and then this PC. You should see local disk c: if you right click that and go to properties do you see a tools tab?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did that and it said that there were no errors in the drive.
Expert:  s_feehan replied 1 year ago.

Okay that's good. And sorry for my delay, it was a very rough work week and my daughter (8 months) has been sick. If you go back to my computer / this PC right click C: go to properties then hardware, does it say WD or ST##### ***** need to try to identify if it's a seagate or western digital hard drive (or other brand)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is a solid state drive. Forgot the brand but here is the number SSD2SC120G1CS1754D117-551_
Expert:  s_feehan replied 1 year ago.

Interesting... It sounds like it could still be an issue with Windows... Would you be okay or willing to revert back to Windows 8.1??? Or did this problem persist within windows 8.1 as well? Might be something in the chipset of your computer that doesn't like 10.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was the same with windows 8.1
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you send this out again to the other computer experts?. Perhaps some one else may have an answer.