Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I speak PC fluently, so you dont have to! Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I have an older simpletechthat quit working and displays the

Customer Question

i have an older simpletech*****that quit working and displays the message that the drive parameter is not correct. it is the f drive and it does not recognize that is a simpledrive as it used to. i have a lot of records on drive and i cant get any of them anymore
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

To start with, how many external hard drives, USB memory sticks, SD cards, or any other phones ,GPS devices or anything with internal storage do you have attached to the windows 8 computer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
none
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Understood.

Ok, with the simpletech drive connected to your computer. lets try this.

Please press the windows key on your keyboard , hold it down, and press R

Type in diskmgmt.msc and press enter.

On the top section of that page, do you see any volumes that match the 250 gigabyte size?

Or, at the bottom do you see any disks that are 250 gb's in size? Dont try to alter anything as of yet, just let me know what you see~

Dustin S.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
none with 250 gb
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Those pages are important, and at the root of this issue. ( or will at least help us identify the root cause of the issue )

At the bottom section. Tell me what disk you see listed. Such as Disk 0 basic 500 gigabytes, disk 1 cd rom, disk 2 , etc etc..

Please be detailed and include the name for each disk and size if showing. Thank you,

Dustin S.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i found f: 232.88 raw healthy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it was under disk 1
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
dustin sorry, i just got a call and have a family emergency i have to take care of and have to go please e mail me as to how i can continue this at another time.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

My apologies for the delay as well.. Ive just seen your messages.

The F drive, raw and healty under disk 1. That may be the and probably is the Simpletech drive.

When you can. leave the disk management window open. And go to your my computer screen. Are you seeing an F drive on the my computer screen, or just a C drive ?

If you dont see an f drive on the my computer screen. Then on the disk management window. Right click the F drive, and change the drive letter. Change it to a G drive or H.. Once changed. You should be able to see the drive in your my computer window. ( where it shows your c drive )

You may need to restart the computer once. But usually you dont.

Worst case scenario, I can temporarily connect to your screen from here. A screen share will save us both time, and since the drive is showing I feel confident that we can get this working.

D.S