Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified Computer expert with over 10 years experience.
51029781

I want Yahoo removed from my computer. I 'y know how it got

Customer Question

I want Yahoo removed from my computer. I don'y know how it got there and don't want it.
Please remove it I have not such account ot password.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** certified computer professional with over 10 years experience. I will be happy to help you.

You may have installed the yahoo toolbar or accidentally set your home page to yahoo. Try the following in internet explorer.

In your internet explorer browser

Click on Tools (if you do not see tools click on the gear icon on the top right) next choose Internet Options.

On the page that opens look for where it says homepage. Erase whatever is in that box and type what you wish your homepage to be and click apply and OK. That should prevent yahoo from being your home page. If you think this is too difficult and would like me to connect to your computer and do it for you click the get extra help button. If you do not need extra help you can always reply to me to continue the discussion if you have follow up questions.

Thank you,
Chris