Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

HELLPPP!!!!! ME!!!!!!! past five months I have ruined 5 cell

Customer Question

HELLPPP!!!!! ME!!!!!!! for the past five months I have ruined 5 cell phones and three computers, no one in my area including the police know how this is being done. I have used different cell phone companies, gotten brand new computers as soon as I bring them home someone somehow gets access to the computer or phone when I had no wifi and remotely changes and invades my privacy up to turning the camera on my smart tv. I disconnected wifi and the internet mfrom anywhere in my house and got rid of my computers. They still got in to every phone I tried to buy. I have change my phone number etc..many times. my phone shows a call coming in and data being exchanged even though I am not on a call. when i try to check what is going on the screen says function not available while on call. but i am not on a call. once this happens it is impossible even by restting the phone to get rid of this hacker control. I am losing my mind and money. please help me!!!!
Category: Computer
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

where are you buying the phones?

its possible that they are being cloned.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the phones have been bought various place. Please explain "cloning" Someone said they think that may be it. Would that also cross onto computers? What about a VPN. I shut my internet and cable service off (same service (mediacom) and somehow I still have all my cable channels still. I double checked and the cable company gurantees I have no internet, tv or wi fi coming in on my line. Could this be a link to the culprit. I am living and breathing this. I am using the public library computer, reason for my delay in responding. Thanks for your expertise. I met with the sherriff deputies yesterday for 1 hr.They have no clue. HELLLLLLPP!!!!!
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

a cloned phone means that somebody got the exact internal information from your phone and duplicated it. the part that tells the cell tower what phone it is and what company is carrying it and lets you make the call and allows the company to bill you for it. if they put that information in another phone than they can make calls off that phone which will be billed to your phone.

as to the internet it seems strange that the internet company would not know if you were connected or not.

if you go to this webstie

https://www.whatismyip.com/ip-whois-lookup/

and tell me what the IP address is i should be able to tell you what carrier it is with. that might convince them. I supposed it is possible that somebody cross wired your cable service to run off of theirs but i really cant see why any body would want to do that. the opposite so that they could get free service from your bill is more likely.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
For some reason I still have cable service which is also my internet provider after confirming that my service is shut off. is it possible my neighbor who had an unsecured website and a private one, entered my previous network somehow (smart tv, laptop, desktop and note 2 phone and made it even when i switch equipment they can access and control any computer, or phone. that is what is happening. The sherriff and police agree and have witnessed this but are at a loss how to proceed. please review my messages carefully they contain probable leads or scenarios what is going on. I am forced to be at a public library to contact you. Please take this seriously and help me. this has been going on 4 months. i am unable to have any wireless device in my home without it being taken over remotely controlled and irreversably altered so it is useless unless the hacker allows the actions. I have nothing at the present time. I have 2 towers, 1 laptop and 4 phones in my garage that have been infected and altered or ruined or locked out. Please I really need your help. There is no other place to turn. Sandy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please send
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ip address 97.34.0.188
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

that ip belongs to verizon. doesnt sound like it would be coming from a cable company

Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

you would have to do the test from a computer in your house not from your phone or a library