IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

Windows 10 Rocks!.. Downloaded it yesterday to my PC with

Customer Question

Windows 10 Rocks!.. Downloaded it yesterday to my PC with Windows 8, it fixed everything, like a new machine.
Want to download to my my Windows 7 PC, it would not download. I want 10 for both my PC's.
What I'm I doing wrong with my Windows 7 machine?? Thank you for any help. I'm hooked on 10....
Frank
Category: Computer
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is*****

Are you installing Windows 10 using Windows Update or using Windows 10 installation media?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just a moment, going to PC to check.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

OK.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its booting..
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Please start Windows Update and let me know it will work this time or give you an error.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
At the Micro. site, Icon for "Get Started" image is not clear and shape, it appears jagged and copped-up. Can not click on it....
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

You need to start Windows Update. Do that by clicking on the Windows Start button and then typing Windows Update into the search box. Once you see its icon under the search results, click it.

When the Windows Update window appears, click the Check for updates button.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do that now, Downloading updates. (65 updates) do think that be the issue?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does appear to be downloading any files at all...
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

The first step is to download all available updates for your current Windows version. Once all the updates have been successfully downloaded, it will offer you to download Windows 10.

If you see 65 updates to be downloaded, it might take some time to fully download them all. You should see the download progress.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
0 files have been download. This is the issue now, Can't even get the Window 7 updates. Still sitting at "0% complete."
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

OK. There is another way of upgrading to Windows 10. I will provide the instructions now.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Since Windows Update doesn't seem to be working, there is another way of upgrading to Windows 10 – you can use the Windows 10 media creation tool.

It is free and can be downloaded on this link:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Download and run the tool and choose the first option there - Upgrade this PC now.

Follow the instructions and it will allow you to upgrade to Windows 10 with no errors messages. I used the same tool to upgrade my computer to Windows 10 and it worked just fine.

You can also use the same tool to create a Windows 10 installation media used for repairing and reinstalling Windows 10.

Let me know if you require further assistance.

Regards,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** give that a try...
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

In case you encounter problems, I am here to help you further.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Hello again!

Do you still require assistance with this issue?

Let me know,