Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I speak PC fluently, so you dont have to! Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I am using 2006 Microsoft money. I want to know if there is

Customer Question

I am using 2006 Microsoft money. I want to know if there is software available that will let me back it up on something other than floppy disc?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

If you go to the backup settings screen for money 2006. You can change the backup location to a CD, or to your normal internal hard drive, or to an external USB memory stick, or external hard drive. The page below shows you how to get to the settings screen.

http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/212.aspx

The save in box, is where you choose where you want the backups to go. ( such as your documents folder, or a cd, etc )

I dont recommend choosing the compress backups option, as thats asking for trouble down the road.

Now that weve covered your initial question, I have an optional suggestion to make. If you enjoy using money, maybe you should upgrade to the latest and last version of Money that microsoft made. Its free!

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=20738

That link is for the money plus sunset edition. The last edition made. The installation is rather simple, you just download and install it.

And then, you access your money file with it. The program is a bit newer and more stable then the 2006 version. Again, this is optional but a recommended and low cost suggestion. If you have further questions or concerns, let me know!

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.