Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

I recently installed windows 10 second time. I like the

Customer Question

I recently installed windows 10 for the second time. I like the program, but when I try to shut down my computer the screen goes black and the power light on the computer stays on. At this point, the computer is completely inoperable. I can get it up and running again if I unplug the power cord and let the battery drain(I have a laptop). At least for now, I can restart it ok. the first time I downloaded windows 10 I had the same problem in addition to a multitude of other problems that made my entire system inoperable. at this point I reverted to windows 8.1 and no longer had this or any of the other problems. Any ideas?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve the problem you have posted.

Push and hold down the power button for 30 seconds it will shut down the computer.