yourteqrepair
yourteqrepair, Computer Systems Analyst
Experience:  I have earned my 13+ years of knowledge through self-taught repairs, research, studying and plain old trial and error.
71069233

I have an HP/Compaq 6715b that won't complete startup. It's

Customer Question

Hi I have an HP/Compaq 6715b that won't complete startup. It's powering on but nothing is displaying on the screen. The problem first occurred while it was on - screen suddenly went black. I've tested it on an external monitor and this does not solve the problem. I've reseated the RAM chip and the hard drive also but not fixed.
Thanks, Mark
Category: Computer
Expert:  yourteqrepair replied 1 year ago.

When you turn it on does there appear to be a pattern or color difference to any of the lights. Hdd, battery light etc. Also turn the computer off and when you turn it on press f10 several times see if you get to the bios.