Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  25 Years Experience in Field. MCSE, ICCP, CNE, Greenbelt
23511658

Using Quark 7 and now my file says it can not open it in

Customer Question

Using Quark 7 and now my file says it can not open it in this version. I have 5 days of work invested in this file
Category: Computer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My Quark file became corrupt and gave me a I?O can not read or write to disk error. Used Free Hex Editor Neo and changed the header. Now it want to read the file but says it can not open it with this version of Quark. This is the same version an machine I created to the file on.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have 5 days (and lots of hours) worth of work in that file. I had just saved it when this happened.
Expert:  yourteqrepair replied 1 year ago.

Did you back up the original file before you tried the hex editor?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
a copied the file before using the hex editor, I have the original corrupt file intact. I sort of need to resolve this in the next 2 hours or I have to spend the next 48 recreating this document!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need an answer now. I waited a day just to get a question not an answer!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
XXX-XXX=XXXX cell do not call between 11 and 12:30 CST - at Physical therapy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello? Anyone there?

Can you email me the old file at XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it is 225 MB.

I'm going to have to opt out then.

Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

hello. I can help you with your question if you still need assistance. Can you upload the file to shared storage like one drive or dropbox or if you don't have one of those you can use wikisend.com and just provide me the link after you upload it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mike,
I could not wait any longer. I needed to get a proof to the customer the day the file crashed. I reconstructed the file, spending illiberally all day yesterday doing it. I got the proof out last night - 2 days behind schedule. Your suggestion should have been in the very first response that I received, not 3 days later.Thanks any way. I learned that your companies service is not service, just a way to suck more money from a client with promises to fix things.

That is a little unfair since I am offering my personal time to assist you. I was not the original person to help you. I saw that you still needed help and so I decided to take your question and help you. If you have questions about money or your account, please contact JustAnswer. I do not have access to your personal information.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not blaming you or upset with you. It is how it was handled from the first form I filled out. Thank you for the effort, I appreciate that. But I remade the file, so I could get the job done and out for proof.Don't take it personally, it was just a bad method to help a person with their file.Have a nice weekend.

I understand. Have a great weekend.