Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

I have an old HP8766c running ME Millennium edition. I do my

Customer Question

I have an old HP8766c running ME Millennium edition. I do my embroidery designs using a baby lock EMP 6 machine with the palette ver. 6 program and runs great. However when I move the palette card & writer to my other machine (Dell Inspiron 580 with windows 10) I have a problem. I loaded the palette software with no problem, but when I go to the "layout & Editing" app, I get a message telling me to install the card writer. It is installed and reinstalling it is no help. Am I missing a driver? And if so, how do I get one and download it. I can't seem to get the correct download from baby lock. Thanks in advance.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

its possible that they just dont have one for windows 10

you might be able to install or run it in compatibility mode for xp

i can log in remotely and try for you but i really cant guarantee it will work. the difference between ME and win 10 is about 20 years and 5 operating systems. There isnt much out there that will run on both of them

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Robert,
You will notice that a lot of your response e-mails contain a jumbled characters, letters, and numbers. But I get the jest of what you are trying to say. It's not a windows 10 problem because before the up-grade I had windows 7 and it didn't work then. I waited for 10 to come out to see if it was a fix, but not. Also I had already tried to run in compatibility mode with all versions of windows listed but no help. So you can see none of your suggestions were of any help which leaves me dissatisfied with this service and I guess I'll just continue to run the program on the old HP computer.
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

I don't see anything jumbled on this site I don't see the emails that the site sends

There are some upgrades for the software here

http://babylock.com/downloads/

But I don't know if they affect the card reader. Is it a special card?

If its some type of standard sd or flash card I might find drivers for it elsewhere or you might be able to get another reader cheap